Help with authenticity and rate

• Hello to everyone, Ive just bought an small collection and I received several Interesting Infla pieces and I have doubts with a coupple of them

First of all I am almost sure that this brief is Falsch, however and since Manheim * 2 n doesn't appear on Infla 13 Book I preffer to ask before discard them

[Blockierte Grafik: ]

The second one, has The Infla Berlin certification stempel, However I can't understand the rate.

Any help you can provide in any of the cases would be really appreciated.

With regards
    Luis

• zeus25971 ,

schöne Spielerei.

Stempelabschlag von Mannheim echt und zeitgerecht.

mfg

erron

• As erron says the cancel Mannheim is genuine and contemporary. Bisecting of inflation stamps was not permitted, though along with many other things that should not be, this one has slipped through.

Don't consign it to the bin, that woould be a great shame if you were to do so, keep it as example of someone playing games with the post office, that escaped their attention.

regards

Nigel

• Have another one...... Can't understand why 5 Md and 2 md ( the "extra ones") are pen cancelled. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards
    Luis

P.S. The violet stempel seems to be the path the railway should make because of french occupation of offenburg?

• Zitat

schöne Spielerei. Stempelabschlag von Mannheim echt und zeitgerecht.

Ich habe ja von Infla keine Ahnung. Aber interessehalber mal die Frage
    Wäre 400-Tausend das richtige Porto?

Suche Kaiserreich Russland - insbesondere Punkt-Nummernstempel.

• Hello...What do you think about this? Echt or falsch?.... Also could the rate be 1 Millon excedeed (15 + 7.5 + 5 )(19-10-23)

Best regards and thanks
    Luis

• Zitat

Original von zeus25971
    Hello...What do you think about this? Echt or falsch?.... Also could the rate be 1 Millon excedeed (15 + 7.5 + 5 )(19-10-23)

Best regards and thanks
    Luis

zeus25971

Porto bis 40 Gramm: 22,5 Millionen Mark
    Einschreiben: 5 Millionen

Gesamtporto: 27,5 Millionen Mark

Beleg somit portogerecht und echt und zeitgerecht.

mfg

erron

• Zitat

Original von zeus25971
    Have another one...... Can't understand why 5 Md and 2 md ( the "extra ones") are pen cancelled. Can anyone help?

They were probably missed the first time around, and later somebody noticed, grabbed the next available writing implement which happened to be an aniline pencil, and scribbled them out. Not exactly a rare occurrence.

In other cases, in particular when a large number of stamps was used, the date stamp was only struck once or a few times, and most stamps were cancelled with pen or brush strikes, parcel cancels, bottle stoppers, or whatever else was at hand, possibly because they did not want to wear out the date cancel too quickly.

I cannot comment on the amount of postage, however.

The violet cachet on the back of the cover looks like an advertisement or invitation to travel to the Black Forest by direct train from some major cities. Well, I guess if you still had some gold left, or if you had some dollars or pounds or francs, it was a good idea ... with only marks in your pocket, it probably was not.

Jan-Martin

• Hi guys, once again I would need your help with a coupple of rates. First of all a Rohrpost cover:

As far as I know, Berlin Rate are 700 Tsd for covers up to 700 Tsd, inland, and 850 for covers ausland.... No rate for 100 gr covers (Only in munchen). Then why this one has an 800 Tsd rate??

And other one:

The rate for international postkartes are 120 TSD, I can't understand then why this one are charged with 135 Tsd.

Finally, one of my last aquisistions:

I am almost sure is good. However want to know youir opinions

That's all for now.

Best regards
    Luis

• zeus25971 ,

Brief Nr 1. Stempel, Berlin 22.9.23, Auslandsbrief bis 20 Gramm,
    Porto Soll: 750 000 Mark; Porto Ist: 800 000 Mark.
    Um 50 000 Mark überfrankiert.

Postkarte Nr 2. Stempel, München 14.Sep 23, Auslandspostkarte
    Porto Soll: 120 000 Mark, Porto Ist: 135 000 Mark.
    Um 15 000 Mark überfrankiert.

Brief Nr 3 Stempel, Berlin 8.10.23 Wertbrief über 18.600 000 Mark.
    Gebühr für den Brief bis 100 Gramm: 1.200 000 Mark.
    Beförderungsgebühr: 1.200 000 Mark.
    Eilbestellung im Ortsbestellbezirk: 4.000.000
    Versicherungsgebühr: 1.860 000
    Porto Soll: 8.260 000 Mark, Porto Ist: 9.180 000 Mark.
    Beleg leicht überfrankiert.

mfg

erron

• Digging on Philaseiten I just discovered that it was a "Late delivery" rate. (in the next PP that rate was 10 Mld ). Since this letter was delivered on sunday, the next PP the rates was increased x10 and the unknown rate was 1 Mld. I wondered if its possible that a "late delivery" was applied for sending on sunday.

Anyway if someone has information about this extra rate and would like to share I would really appreciate it.

Best regards
    Luis