bayern michel 65

• Hello nindzha,

sorry, but the link do not work. Maybe you can post the picture diretcly here.

Regards

oli

• Hello,
    I see you have moved my thread, ok.
    Now i can speak normal english.
    So i have posted the link above. I am intrester if has anybody seen this variation, if it is, of this stamp. Notice the crwon there are only two openings. Also the head of the two animals are more filled.
    Anybody has any idea?
    Thank you.
    reagards.
    A.

• Zitat

Original von nindzha I am intrester if has anybody seen this variation, if it is, of this stamp. Notice the crwon there are only two openings. Also the head of the two animals are more filled.

Hi nindzha,

I follow what you are saying as this is what it should look like -

The Bavaria experts could comment on this as it looks like an overembossing, if there is something like this.
    Thou double embossing is also possible !

Regards
    Erich

• Hello nindza

There is nothing special regarding your stamp, as the quality of printing and handling of the stamps declined in thsse years.
    You´ll find better printed and lousy printed stamps around 1900 and after, that look similar to your stamp.
    The 5 Pfg. stamp of philactica is an early impression of high quality printing years before your stamp was printed. It is just beautiful.

Sorry to tell you nothing special about your regular stamp.

Yours

bayern klassisch

• Here are my wonder stamps from the same period: 5Pfg. Grey & 50Pfg. Lila. Both with Wz4.

For the first one, my assumption is that it could be Porto 11xB ohne Aufdruck, however Michel Spez I have doesn’t list it.
    Another assumption for the same stamp is that someone intentionally changed the colour of it (there are traces of green in the grey),
    and finally, they used wrong colour for printing (which would be my only assumption for the lila stamp).

Any comments are appreciated. Thanks, Alex

• The first stamp is either a green 5 Pfg., that was converted chemically into grey (chemists can do almost anything with colours), or it is a no. 11xB, and a forger sucessfully eliminated the red printed text: Vom Empfänger zahlbar.
    Unfortunately both possiblities make no real difference, as the stamp has no commercial value anymore now. Sorry!

The second stamp is the 50 Pfg. no. 63y from the year 1900 and later.
    As all colours in the range of orange, pink, violet, claret and so are not resitant against high humidity and climatical changes, the result is something like your stamp. As an original in good condition has a low value, it won´t hurd you much, that your piece is worth alsmost nothing anymore.
    One thing I must not forget: The left lower 5 seems to have a plate flaw, as the right flag of the 5 has dissapeared.

I hope this keeps you in spirits.

Yours sincerely

bayern klassisch

• Thanks for your reply. They are rather unique in my collection, because I've got many dozens of both 61 & 63, but others are in normal colours. I haven't even noticed the plate-flaw before you mentioned it, I was so obsessed with colours.